Inconsiderate customers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred B

Occupation
Electrician
I stayed in my vehicle and waited for them. They came home 5 minutes late, actually.
Another reason no free estimate. Home owners feel if it's free then your time can't be of value, but if they know they will be paying for it, then time is money (to them). That 5 minutes was $8.33 if your rate is $100/hr, don't know your rate just saying. Can't really count your early arrival waiting.

ggunn

PE (Electrical), NABCEP certified
Occupation
Electrical Engineer - Photovoltaic Systems
Nah the worst I've had is geese, they came running across the field and wouldn't back down. Even after owner came out and no matter how many times I had to cross to the truck they would run from the barnyard to try to get at me.
I once made the mistake of standing up to a goose. It bit me on the inside of my leg where my hamstring attaches to my knee. I had a painful ugly bruise for a week.

readydave8

re member
Occupation
electrician
At least they had a phone and answered it, sometimes things come up. But it would be different if you arrived and no sign of customer and unreachable by phone. I've had both. The worst is one that isn't there can't be reached, you wait and they never arrive, so leave and then they have nerve to cop an attitude when they call 2 hours later asking "where are you?", after leaving them multiple messages too that you were on site.
I used to leave business card with time I left wrote on it (BCP)(before cel phone)

kwired

Electron manager
Nah the worst I've had is geese, they came running across the field and wouldn't back down. Even after owner came out and no matter how many times I had to cross to the truck they would run from the barnyard to try to get at me.
Did you have anything to feed them? Might been all they were wanting.

kwired

Electron manager
I’ve had turkeys chase me on one job!
I been inside barns with ~10,000 turkeys in them. They usually stay away from you when you are moving, if you stop and are still enough then they become curious enough to bother you. Bigger Toms can be aggressive though.

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
I been inside barns with ~10,000 turkeys in them. They usually stay away from you when you are moving, if you stop and are still enough then they become curious enough to bother you. Bigger Toms can be aggressive though.
These were free range. (Yard birds) I’ve been in chicken houses where the roosters would rush you when you turn your back, but you can hear them coming, and if you throw your foot up as you turn around, you can send them flying through the air in the opposite direction! LOL!

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
One dog jumped into the pickup and onto my lap just wiggling in excitement. I noticed the Beware sign and asked which one of several dogs was the problem. Customers shook there heads and said the one in my lap.
This is one of those houses with the sign: "Caution, dog can't control his licker."

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
I’ve been in chicken houses where the roosters would rush you when you turn your back

I just saw a video the other day where a rooster kills a rat that was in the yard drinking water and annoying him. Roosters have gaffs on their legs and it took about a second and that rat won't be bothering them any more.

-Hal

Status
Not open for further replies.