What are the rules in the California Electrical Code 2017 for 70.7 volt PA systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to find out if 70.7-volt PA system speaker wires need to be inside conduit in my jurisdiction, which uses the California 2017 code.

Where are all of the sections that I need to look at to get a complete understanding of the relevant rules?

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
I have no idea what it is in California, they probably want some kind of environmentally friendly method used. But here, with work like that it's likely some kind of raceway will need to be used just to make it blend in- unless you are lucky enough to be able to fish or conceal the wiring.

Normally 70.7V is CL2 so no methods need to be used beyond running a CL2 listed cable however you want.

-Hal

jaggedben

Occupation
Solar and Energy Storage Installer
I have no idea what it is in California, they probably want some kind of environmentally friendly method used.
For the record, when it comes to electrical code (as opposed to energy code) California is basically on the NEC, same as everyone else. Three years behind the NFPA cycle. Very few statewide amendments.

tortuga

Code Historian
Occupation
Electrical Design
There is a common gotchya that you cant mix amplified audio with other class 2 cables in conduit.
Also if your going thru a drop ceiling you need to check if you need plenum rated.

Status
Not open for further replies.