Regal Fittings Inc still around?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortuga

Code Historian
Occupation
Electrical Design
Does anyone know if Regal Fittings Inc is still around or what happened to them?
They are a manufacturer of conduit fittings and cable connectors and such.
having a hard time finding their website.
Thanks

1659666418439.png

kwired

Electron manager
Does anyone know if Regal Fittings Inc is still around or what happened to them?
They are a manufacturer of conduit fittings and cable connectors and such.
having a hard time finding their website.
Thanks

View attachment 2561646
They been gone for like 10 years now, maybe even longer.

Think Bridgeport absorbed them

They were IMO one the best around when it comes to die cast fittings. Bridgeport die cast fittings are OK but not as nice as the Regal fittings were.

tortuga

Code Historian
Occupation
Electrical Design
Thanks, yeah we have a ton of their stuff still and got tasked with doing some inventory and could not find the old catalog so was looking online.
Good stuff.

norcal

They been gone for like 10 years now, maybe even longer.

Think Bridgeport absorbed them

They were IMO one the best around when it comes to die cast fittings. Bridgeport die cast fittings are OK but not as nice as the Regal fittings were.
They lost control of their raw material (zinc) during the last time when metals prices shot up shut down, besides Regal Fittings, Bridgeport, also bought Efcor Fittings, who were part if ITE Imperial when Gould Inc bought ITE back in the '70's. Both made some good fittings.

kwired

Electron manager
They lost control of their raw material (zinc) during the last time when metals prices shot up shut down, besides Regal Fittings, Bridgeport, also bought Efcor Fittings, who were part if ITE Imperial when Gould Inc bought ITE back in the '70's. Both made some good fittings.
I do remember it coincided with a time when metal prices shot up, want to say maybe sometime around 2007 to 2010?

kwired

Electron manager
That is my guess but was not sure so left it out.
I remember my supply house salesman telling me they no longer in business and price of zinc at that time was a contributing factor, but didn't know much else for details. Trying to remember what jobs I was working on at that time, and considering I basically went from using mostly Regal fittings to pretty much always using steel fittings ever since (some those still aren't as good of quality as the Regal fittings were IMO) I'd have to say it was likely sometime between 2007 and 2011.

tortuga

Code Historian
Occupation
Electrical Design
Ok you guys inspired me. I dug it up. I too have many memories of old timers insisting on Regal fittings
Here is an old article:

Status
Not open for further replies.