New Klein "J" tools, or new handles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mule

Re-read the link. These sidecutters come with the fish tape puller.

By Golly your right......But Im old....my fish tape would be slipping into those crimpers..then Id have to get my reading glasses out of my pocket. Then Id have pody water all over my glasses..I'll let you younger guys buy a pair....:)

quogueelectric

im going on almost two years on my present pair . "Old yellers" with the crimp. But Im ready for a new set. The cutters dont cut so well anymore.
I use old yellers with a crimp and cut the yellers off and replaced with blue/black grips. It cost me twice as much but I want what I want. The boys at work almost had a coronary when I razored the yellow grips off in front of them. Mine work great and stay loose but then again I use them a lot.

quogueelectric

You don't pull fish tapes with pliers do you? I always use a piece of rope with a loop served in the end. Works a lot better and doesn't bend the tape.
I have never seen this method could you please explain how it works?? I have an antique snake puller which has a knurled wheel on a cam built into a cast handle. The wheel only rolls forward on the snake.

masterinbama

To pull a fish tape with a piece of rope, you have to use the twisted poly. I prefer the 3/8 yellow that Graybar sells. You can either tie or braid a loop in one end and tape or burn the other to keep it from unraveling. Then you simply twist the rope open a little and wind it around the tape ( the tape will become the fourth strand). The rope will then act like a Chinese finger the harder you pull the tighter it grips. I have also used this to pull slack in cables at pull points because this method doesn't damage the insulation like half hitches will. I will try to post some pics to illustrate this method.

quogueelectric

To pull a fish tape with a piece of rope, you have to use the twisted poly. I prefer the 3/8 yellow that Graybar sells. You can either tie or braid a loop in one end and tape or burn the other to keep it from unraveling. Then you simply twist the rope open a little and wind it around the tape ( the tape will become the fourth strand). The rope will then act like a Chinese finger the harder you pull the tighter it grips. I have also used this to pull slack in cables at pull points because this method doesn't damage the insulation like half hitches will. I will try to post some pics to illustrate this method.
I have a nice 3/8 rope how many wraps do you put on it??

boboelectric

aero-kroil is what i use instead of wd-40. i ran across it in the steam
plants years ago, and it's wonderful. smelly to use, and expensive,
at $18 for a 16 ounce spray can, but it lasts forever, and if it won't loosen
something, you really need a cutting torch instead. not food rated,
so you cannot use it in food packing plants.

randy

P B Blaster

Status
Not open for further replies.