0-10v occ sensor with plug-load control?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
Im looking for 0-10v dimming wall-Mount occupancy sensors with the ability to control a plug-load relay. Does this product exist?

Wattstopper and Sensor Switch don’t make it.

Ideally I would like to have a plug load relay that has a 120v input but I haven’t found that either; both Wattstopper and Sensor Switch only offer 24v and 15v relays.

There is no basis of design in the drawings or specs, and it’s too late for an RFI.

The lighting and receptacles are separate circuits. As of now I’m pricing separate sensors for the lights and receptacles if unable to find this product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
I did a Cree lighting showroom last year, and they had different control schemes for every room, I think it may have had that capability, but danged if I can remember the name of it. I had never heard of them before that. Maybe it will come to me by morning.

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
I believe it was Crestron, low voltage wall switch with dimming capabilities that tied to the occ sensor, but If I remember correctly, all low voltage relays though, are you controlling lights and receptacles off the wall sensor? Should be able to with the 0-10 volt switch, as it also breaks the 120, which is constant. Probably only 600 watt rating though, but you could fire a 120 volt 20 amp relay off of that.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
I believe it was Crestron, low voltage wall switch with dimming capabilities that tied to the occ sensor, but If I remember correctly, all low voltage relays though, are you controlling lights and receptacles off the wall sensor? Should be able to with the 0-10 volt switch, as it also breaks the 120, which is constant. Probably only 600 watt rating though, but you could fire a 120 volt 20 amp relay off of that.

The lighting & receptacles are separate circuits, and the dimming occ sensors I've found are not rated for the full 15a or 20a. Around 1000w max. What I hoped to find is a 20a relay with 120v switching coils.

curt swartz

Electrical Contractor - San Jose, CA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
You can also use a standard PowerPack such as a BZ-50. The low voltage control side is 24V but you can just connect the LV leads together so the coil is alwasy energized when the PP is energized. You can then control the PP by the 120 volt black/white supply leads. The red switch leads are isolated from the PP supply and can be used to control the receptacles.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
You can also use a standard PowerPack such as a BZ-50. The low voltage control side is 24V but you can just connect the LV leads together so the coil is alwasy energized when the PP is energized. You can then control the PP by the 120 volt black/white supply leads. The red switch leads are isolated from the PP supply and can be used to control the receptacles.

Great tip, I hadn’t thought of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

synchro

Occupation
EE
You can also use a standard PowerPack such as a BZ-50. The low voltage control side is 24V but you can just connect the LV leads together so the coil is always energized when the PP is energized. You can then control the PP by the 120 volt black/white supply leads. The red switch leads are isolated from the PP supply and can be used to control the receptacles.
Great tip, I hadn’t thought of that.

That looks how they wired up the Leviton OSP20-RD0 Power Pack on the second page at the link below, if I'm not mistaken:

Status
Not open for further replies.