1 out of three accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
I had three proposals 110.20, 200.1 and Article 69X. Only my proposal for new Article 694 on Wind Turbines was accepted. I didn't have a lot of language for the new article, only that its needed based on enforcement issues in Washington State that we've seen.
This will be the only time I will have a proposal accepted for a new article! My other two were OK, and in the future I need to make sure I have a good reason to make a proposal.

bphgravity

I didn't have the time nor the drive to submit the number of proposals that I would have liked to. We haven't even adopted the 2008 NEC here in Florida, thus looking forward to the 2011 is really difficult.

I find myself so engaged in state and local matters to the point that I will likely not get so involved with 'national' matters any longer.

I have also found the process less frustrating and more rewarding with some of the smaller standards, such as the NFPA 780. Not enough attention is paid to these documents, at least not like the NEC.

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
I didn't have the time nor the drive to submit the number of proposals that I would have liked to. We haven't even adopted the 2008 NEC here in Florida, thus looking forward to the 2011 is really difficult.

I find myself so engaged in state and local matters to the point that I will likely not get so involved with 'national' matters any longer.

I have also found the process less frustrating and more rewarding with some of the smaller standards, such as the NFPA 780. Not enough attention is paid to these documents, at least not like the NEC.

That sounds correct, as the NEC is the big gun, they get all the attenation and publicity. The smaller stanards may have a harder time attracting panel members, and so your imput is more valuable as is your time to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.