100% DD

Status
Not open for further replies.

mshields

What I am wondering does that mean to all of you. 100% Design Development right? So if DD is 50% complete (and I think according to AIA it may be something like 45%), then what is 90%DD? Is that 45% complete.

Am I crazy or do some people mix it up, and I'm not sure which is correct so that when they say we have a 50% DD that is a redundancy. That we are to get the drawings to DD and DD is defined as 50%.

What say you?

dkidd

Occupation
PE

0. Pre-Design
1. Schematic Design 15% of Architectural Fees – Can Range 10% – 25%
2. Design Development 20% of Architectural Fees – Can Range 10% – 25%
3. Construction Documents 40% of Architectural Fees – Can Range 35% – 50%
4. Bidding 5% of Architectural Fees – Can Range slightly off from 5%
5. Construction Administration 20% of Architectural Fees – Can Range 20% – 30%

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
What I am wondering does that mean to all of you. 100% Design Development right? So if DD is 50% complete (and I think according to AIA it may be something like 45%), then what is 90%DD? Is that 45% complete.

Am I crazy or do some people mix it up, and I'm not sure which is correct so that when they say we have a 50% DD that is a redundancy. That we are to get the drawings to DD and DD is defined as 50%.

What say you?
This is always so all over the map. I worked for an MEP firm, and we couldn't agree internally what each phase and percentage completion represented for each discipline. And that's critical. If electrical needs their loads at 50% for panel schedules so they can size the transformers, so the architects can get a final size on the vault and the generator room, all the trades need to have their particular loads lined up.

In the end, it doesn't matter what it is, so long as everyone agrees on what's represented at each milestone.

Status
Not open for further replies.