2 hp pool motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingpb

Occupation
Engineer, Registered
Well let's see.
Oh I know the answer to that ...

I'll bet it is an attempt to get the excellent, thoughtful, forum members to read before they give one of the generally excellent replys.

cf

I'm glad to hear that your posts to the Power Factor, VA, and Var thread were all on topic and non-redundant, contributing in nature, and non-demeaning. Oh, and of course you have read all 600+ posts. ;)

david luchini

Staff member
Occupation
Engineer
And another one that leaves me baffled is the general continued hammering of some particular point the OP is well aware of.

Where exactly has there been "continued hammering of some particular point the OP is well aware of" within this post? I don't see it. The original post was about a c/b tripping on a pump. It seems that most of the responses (other than the question about whether anyone had seen 115v, 3 phase, 60HZ) have been related to the code requirements of section 430. Isn't that the purpose of this forum?

erickench

The motor is tripping because of the startup current. As a rule a motor has two OCPDs. One for the overload and one for Short-circuit Ground-fault protection. It appears that your present OCPD is an overload without a delay so of course it's gonna trip. The Short-circuit Ground-Fault OCPD is sized according to NEC Table 430.52.

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
cf, ref: RANT. I went back and read the A-H thread where I had posted and can simply say "guilty as charged" :) heck, sometimes I don't read what I post very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.