#2 wire on a 20A breaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

iwire

Staff member
What do you mean? Like brand?

From a code standpoint?

Yes, you must use listed equipment per its listing and both parts would be listed. That will end up meaning the brands would have to match

From a lets get it done standpoint, GE 'fork lugs' will not fit say Sqaure D grounding bars. The hole spacing is to far off.

ADub

Occupation
Estimator/Project Manager
From a code standpoint?

Yes, you must use listed equipment per its listing and both parts would be listed. That will end up meaning the brands would have to match

From a lets get it done standpoint, GE 'fork lugs' will not fit say Sqaure D grounding bars. The hole spacing is to far off.

That's what I thought you meant. I buy the square d saddle lugs by the dozen and only use them on square d bars. Never actually tried them in another brand of panel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

templdl

The performance and economic issues persist either way. Either you pay for and loose energy through the wire, or you pay for and loose energy through the transformer(s). It's a tradeoff.
Transformers for thee most part are very efficient in contrast with the expense of 1800' of #2. There is real dollars if the #2. In addition should the transformers have taps any voltage drop could be corrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.