2008 possible changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Harp

Re: 2008 possible changes

If they are in the building codes and fire codes, that is fine. I might have a solution. perhaps it would be a good idea to have a page say at the front or back of the code book(s) that would give the names of related codes. I really don't mind researching other trades' code documents or even buying them if I need. I just want to know what those related codes are so I know where to look. It took me a year to get a straight answer about placing residential smokes.
Until then, I asked a couple of AHJs and went from there. I was beginning to think smokes placement requirements belonged in the "electric old wives tale" thread.

Oh, and I didn't know there was anything about architectual requirements in the NEC. Thanks for the info.

cloudymacleod

well matt. u can find smoke detecs requirements and where to install from the national fire alarm code nfpa 72. u can also go to the fire marshall in your town u r working in to find out what he wants. try the life safty code for emergancy lighting (nfpa 101)

ryan_618

The problem, Matt, is that many cities/states/localities don't adopt the same codes.

For example, the NFPA 101 gets mentioned alot on this site. The problem is, I would say that the IBC is used more than the NFPA 101 by about 90% :)

Status
Not open for further replies.