200amp disconnect

Status
Not open for further replies.

mannyb

Occupation
Electrician
I have 2 motor loads and a 200a disconnect. I don't have a lot of room for gutter without a lot of work.I was wondering could I just install double barrel lug to use
disconnect as gutter that will feed both motor loads from bottom of disconnect one going to each motor.

electricalist

I have no idea but i woyld start with the listed uses of the disconnect ,amperage lug rating .if it didnt come with kugs for that then maybe not.
If you have to service one will it be ok that both be shut off.
Sounds like a tap

mannyb

Occupation
Electrician
I have 2 motor loads and a 200a disconnect. I don't have a lot of room for gutter without a lot of work.I was wondering could I just install double barrel lug to use
disconnect as gutter that will feed both motor loads from bottom of disconnect one going to each motor.

I should mentioned if I size both motors and fuse correctly can I use the disconnect to power both feeders while using it as gutter.

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
If the disconenct is your only ground-fault/short-circuit for the motors , it's doubtful that you can meet the requirements for 430.52 for each motor with one set of fuses.
If you are using the 200 amp as feeder protection you can do so if you meet the 240.21 tap rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.