2011 Proposals

Status
Not open for further replies.

480sparky

For those wishing to view the raw ROP material (Proposals Before Panel Action) for the 2011 NEC, click here.

Technically, it can get boring, but is interesting to scan through.

ericsherman37

I went through the archive of previous code cycle proposals and came across a number of them (in May 2004 I believe) proposing that the term Equipment Grounding Conductor be changed to Equipment Bonding Conductor throughout the NEC.

They were all (obviously) rejected, it seems generally because the CMP(s) were not offered reasonable documentation that would indicate that the use of the term EGC resulted in unsafe installations. So it remains a misnomer in my opinion.. but I wonder if this will ever be addressed in the foreseeable future.

Last edited:

iwire

Staff member
I went through the archive of previous code cycle proposals and came across a number of them (in May 2004 I believe) proposing that the term Equipment Grounding Conductor be changed to Equipment Bonding Conductor throughout the NEC.

Our moderator Don submitted many of those proposals over the past couple of code cycles and I would be very surprised if has not submitted some again for this code cycle.

I hope he succeeds. :smile:

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
Our moderator Don submitted many of those proposals over the past couple of code cycles and I would be very surprised if has not submitted some again for this code cycle.

I hope he succeeds. :smile:
I did not submit any on that issue for this code cycle. After the 2005 code there was a task group formed to study this issue and their recommendations were put into the 2008 code. I think it is is dead issue for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.