210.11(C)(4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

elecmen

Occupation
Electrician
Can the receptacle for the garage door opener be on this circuit or does it have to be on a different circuit

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
@elecmen
Could you please update your profile? Most info was lost when new software/platform was introduced.
Please list your occupation and at least the state you're in.

elecmen

Occupation
Electrician
Hi Little Bill, can’t find a way to edit my profile only the picture. With that said I’m an electrician from NH. I see the code I referenced says no other outlets with an exception for outdoor outlet. I ask because I have someone who says you can add the opener outlet to this circuit. This was installed under 2017 BEC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
Hi Little Bill, can’t find a way to edit my profile only the picture. With that said I’m an electrician from NH. I see the code I referenced says no other outlets with an exception for outdoor outlet. I ask because I have someone who says you can add the opener outlet to this circuit. This was installed under 2017 BEC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info on your profile, Roger fixed it.

As for your question, I think "no other outlets" means not leaving the garage. I don't see a problem putting the door openers on this circuit. I do it all the time. I don't know what changes have been made past the 2017. Maybe others could chime in on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.