210.52(b)(1) Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobhook149

Does this mean that a dinning room, panty and bedroom also need 2 small appliance branch circuits? Two circuits in each of the room listed above? Or two all together?

Thanks
Bob

Bobhook149

haha oops. i don't know where bedroom came from thinking of something else when typing i guess. Thanks for the correction, i wanted to say breakfast room.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
Does this mean that a dinning room, panty and bedroom also need 2 small appliance branch circuits? Two circuits in each of the room listed above? Or two all together?

Thanks
Bob

haha oops. i don't know where bedroom came from thinking of something else when typing i guess. Thanks for the correction, i wanted to say breakfast room.

Refers to all areas mentioned, not each individual area... but note it states two or more SA circuits, so you are not limited to just two for all these areas. Two is just the minimum permitted.

al hildenbrand

Occupation
Electrical Contractor, Electrical Consultant, Electrical Engineer
Two circuits in each of the room listed above? Or two all together?
For this part of the Required Outlets passage, there is not a requirement that each room (or similar area) has to have any more than one of the circuits present in it for the required receptacle outlets. One can install the receptacle outlets of, say the dining room, on more than one circuit, if it makes sense to, but this passage doesn't require it.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
You can install two SA circuits to serve kitchen counter receptacles, then use the same two circuits to hit all the receptacles in the dining room and in the den and in the breakfast room, etc. Not a good design plan, but not a violation either.

Cavie

You can install two SA circuits to serve kitchen counter receptacles, then use the same two circuits to hit all the receptacles in the dining room and in the den and in the breakfast room, etc. Not a good design plan, but not a violation either.

Den not required to be SA circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.