210.8(C)

Status
Not open for further replies.

luke warmwater

210.8(C) Move to become 210(8)(A)(9).

Substantiation:
210(8)(A) is for GFCI protection for Personnel, Dwelling units.
210(8)(C) is for Boat Hoists in Dwelling Unit Locations and therefore should be included under 210(8)(A) because it is confusing to have it come after 210(8)(B).

luke warmwater

Re: 210.8(C)

Ryan, I see what you are saying, but, (A) is for Dwelling Units, and (B) is for Other than Dwelling Units.
It just seems that there is no need to have (C). It should either be under (A) or (B), no?

Or at least make (C) trade places with (B) so that we read all of the Dwelling Unit stuff, and then go on to the Other Than Dwelling stuff. How 'bout that?

ryan_618

I can see what you are saying, but I think what you are proposing is trading what I consider a logical layout to what you consider a logical layout. I like the layout because first I read about receptacles, then I read about hardwire equipment. What you want is to read about dwellings, then read about non-dwellings. I think it makes sense either way, but personally, I see no need to change it...even though I do see your point.

luke warmwater

Ryan, I agree. :)

I guess I could get used to 'your way'. Afterall, I'll probably not be looking that up very often.

But when I do, I'll wish it was 'my way'. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.