210.8 (D) Dishwashers on GFCI

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwired

Electron manager
My thoughts is this is addressing the symptoms and not the problem. If there are units failing that are presenting problems then maybe they need listing requirements changed, and possibly a product recall on existing units. What protection does the consumer with an existing unit and no GFCI have?:(

IMO this should not be an NEC issue it should be a listing issue and/or even CPSC issue. If the listing issue is resolved by putting a GFCI in the unit so be it - it is still resolved by listing and not NEC.

scrypps

Jaylectricity ,
there are also rooms in a house which do not require GFCI , Would you not GFCI the laundry area in one of those rooms ?
No, if you have a laundry closet, it doesn't need gfci or afci (per 2011). I wouldn't do something I don't need to do. It's neither a place described in 210.8 or 210.12.

M. D.

No, if you have a laundry closet, it doesn't need gfci or afci (per 2011). I wouldn't do something I don't need to do. It's neither a place described in 210.8 or 210.12.
I do believe we are talking about the new, as in 2014 NEC , GFCI requirement for dishwashers .
but by all means don't do anything you don't have to do ,. that would be just plain old crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.