3 feeders, one meter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cody K

one meter supplying 3 tenants in one small building. The meter and 3 -100A MCB are mounted at the service drop on a pole detached from building.

Do you treat like 3 seperate services or do you bond each nuetral to one grounding electrode at the pole?

Thanks

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Cody K said:
one meter supplying 3 tenants in one small building. The meter and 3 -100A MCB are mounted at the service drop on a pole detached from building.

Do you treat like 3 seperate services or do you bond each nuetral to one grounding electrode at the pole?

Thanks

I don't believe you can feed the building with 3 feeders coming from the pole. Read art. 225.30

Cody K

One service is all that is needed and i believe all that is allowed (230.2). Would it be better to serve the three 100A service disconnects with a main? Then this being where you could bond nuetral to ground with the electrode installed just below by the pole.

Hmmm... but that still conflicts with art. 225.30 (this is one building, 3 different occupants)

I am wondering if art. 225.30 exception (B)(1) applies.

Last edited:

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
In my opinion it would be better to have one feeder come to the building into a trough with your 3 100 amp disco mounted there.

Cody K

Thanks Dennis, after reading what I am gathering is that this is considered one service not three. Knowing that answers a lot of questions.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.