3 hook up locations for 1 portable load, proper connections

Jstumpp

New User
Occupation
Contractor
I have a client who owns some aircraft hangars. While preparing to do a 480v 3-phase service upgrade to the hangars, the client has requested to include 3 hook up locations for a frequency converter (The converters have an input of 64-amps at 480v 3ph) to power the aircrafts during service.

With out upgrading the service to more than 200-amp 480v (would require a new conduit and wire from utility transformer to existing service). My total connected load with existing and requested additional loads, would only have room on the 200-amp 480v service for 1 converter which would bring my connected load to 159-amps at 480v.

They are requesting 3 hook up locations at different spots around the hangar understanding only 1 converter can be brought in.

My question would be, if its known that only 1 converter will ever be connected at one time, am I able to run each hook up location as its own seperate circuit as coincedental loads and only apply the connected load one time in my service load calculation. Or would I need to only have 1 breaker for the converter and one hook up location if we can only include the 1.

Todd0x1

210.18 exception:
Exception 1: Multioutlet branch circuits greater than 50 amperes shall be
permitted to supply nonlighting outlet loads on industrial premises
where conditions of maintenance and supervision ensure that only
qualified persons service the equipment.

Based on that, I would say you're good to go to install your 3 (pin and sleeve?) receptacles on one circuit.