3 phase 225 mlo 208v panel change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fordean

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Have to remove this panel
Basically locked in 2 2 in rigids on bottom
2 in rigid nipple 1/2 in rigid on top plus many others Any way to cut 1/2 in rigid with wires still in pipe Need to relief top

Fordean

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Here is panel couldnt get it uploaded said file to large

Attachments

• 22C5C2A7-71F1-4545-9FC5-888F0ABD6CAF.jpeg
    22C5C2A7-71F1-4545-9FC5-888F0ABD6CAF.jpeg
    888.6 KB · Views: 50

Fordean

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I was told to inspect because insurance company had negative views sbout it
I could not figure what else to do but change out Sub panel i will consider But they gave the ok to replace
I had similar problem in past

Owner showed me a panel oveloaded like this and pushed on cover
He was stating panel being hot (in which this same panel probably is in summer)
What happened next The slight pressure he put onto it caused the deteriorated plastic separating the three phase busses
To come together. Large event took place
So good practice, I am sure this unit is getting hot

SceneryDriver

Occupation
Electrical and Automation Designer
I was told to inspect because insurance company had negative views sbout it
I could not figure what else to do but change out Sub panel i will consider But they gave the ok to replace
I had similar problem in past

Owner showed me a panel oveloaded like this and pushed on cover
He was stating panel being hot (in which this same panel probably is in summer)
What happened next The slight pressure he put onto it caused the deteriorated plastic separating the three phase busses
To come together. Large event took place
So good practice, I am sure this unit is getting hot
A lot of that mess seems to be sloppy wire management. Previous sparkies accordion-ing wire into the panel "so there's extra for a repair." I stripped out almost 75ft of wire from a panel that looked like this and there was plenty of room once everything was neatened up.

If the bus or plastic is damaged / overheated, just get replacement guts and leave the can alone.

If the client wants to add circuits and you're out of room, I second the suggestion of a subpanel. Just make sure you actually have capacity on the current panel's feeder.

SceneryDriver

Fordean

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
A lot of that mess seems to be sloppy wire management. Previous sparkies accordion-ing wire into the panel "so there's extra for a repair." I stripped out almost 75ft of wire from a panel that looked like this and there was plenty of room once everything was neatened up.

If the bus or plastic is damaged / overheated, just get replacement guts and leave the can alone.

If the client wants to add circuits and you're out of room, I second the suggestion of a subpanel. Just make sure you actually have capacity on the current panel's feeder.

SceneryDriver
To old i doubt their parts for this
Did u see all the tandems?

Status
Not open for further replies.