3 Phase Current Flow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sahib

For the charges to re-locate.
I thought the total time included both charges relocation and field travel times.

I think the speed of the electromagnetic field is the greatest speed in any medium and so its 'time' is the least and so Te<Tc and Te<<Tc do not make sense to me.

mivey

I thought the total time included both charges relocation and field travel times.
Is there an echo in here? The field provides feedback that influences the relocation so it has to be part of the equation.

I think the speed of the electromagnetic field is the greatest speed in any medium so its 'time' is the least and so Te<Tc and Te<<Tc do not make sense to me.
Sorry that you don't understand. I've provided some information for you so it is up to you to learn. Did you consider looking up relaxation times? I'll help with specific questions but not general statements of what you do or do not believe or understand.

Sahib

Is there an echo in here? The field provides feedback that influences the relocation so it has to be part of the equation.
Sorry that you don't understand. I've provided some information for you so it is up to you to learn. Did you consider looking up relaxation times? I'll help with specific questions but not general statements of what you do or do not believe or understand.

It is not clear how field speed influences charges relocation speed,

mivey

It is not clear how field speed influences charges relocation speed,
If the light crossing time is not much much smaller than the circuit time constant, then the light crossing time is a significant factor in the time for the surface charge to redistribute.

Think of an RC circuit with a large decay time: the light crossing time is essentially infinitely small thus the feedback time is insignificant. For a circuit with an RC time constant that is simply larger than the light crossing time but not much much greater, the relaxation time of the circuit is limited by both the RC constant and the light crossing time thus the feedback time is significant.

Sahib

Has the relation between light crossing time and charges relocation time been put into any practical application?

mivey

No. You did not cover the fast circuits mechanics which involves data transfer.
I've not set out to teach a course in electrodynamics, QED, and circuits. I've given you some fundamental concepts and I think you should do some research on your own. I'll help but don't feel like spoon-feeding and/or sparring at the moment. There are plenty of papers out there you can read that cover it in gory detail.

ggunn

PE (Electrical), NABCEP certified
Occupation
Electrical Engineer - Photovoltaic Systems
No. You did not cover the fast circuits mechanics which involves data transfer.
Give it a rest, willya? Your throwing down the gauntlet every time someone says something you disagree with or don't understand is getting a little tiresome.

Sahib

I think you should do some research on your own.
Did. Found that in fast circuits, where optic fiber cable is used, only modulated electromagnetic wave i.e the light carries the data without involving any charges relocation. So in my view the charges relocation does nothing more than absorb electromagnetic wave energy in fast circuits data transfer.

mivey

you should do some research on your own.
Did. Found that in fast circuits, where optic fiber cable is used, only modulated electromagnetic wave i.e the light carries the data without involving any charges relocation.
I was thinking research more along the lines of what I was talking about.

So in my view the charges relocation does nothing more than absorb electromagnetic wave energy in fast circuits data transfer.
What has that got to do with timing?

Status
Not open for further replies.