3 Phase

Status
Not open for further replies.

topend

I got a call from a chain restaurant that I service. Seems that they had an early 4th of July, thanks to a utility pole transormer. Since the transformer's been replaced, they're experiencing strange power issues that I think are related to the reconnection. Is it possible that all I need to do is go in and change two of the 3 phase conductors? I haven't ever had to look at the service, so I'm not sure what is there (xfmrs, disconnects, etc...).
Thanks,
Rich

hockeyoligist2

topend said:
I got a call from a chain restaurant that I service. Seems that they had an early 4th of July, thanks to a utility pole transormer. Since the transformer's been replaced, they're experiencing strange power issues that I think are related to the reconnection. Is it possible that all I need to do is go in and change two of the 3 phase conductors? I haven't ever had to look at the service, so I'm not sure what is there (xfmrs, disconnects, etc...).
Thanks,
Rich
If most everything is giving problems that is 3 phase (yes hopefully or no), sometimes when a transformer shorts, the equipment will single phase and ruin the equipment. check the rotation on a motor to start with if the rotation is right .......... then you have bigger problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.