3-way Dimming

Status
Not open for further replies.

sii

My internet search skills are letting me down today. Does anyone know of a residential 3-way dimmer that can give full-sale control from either switch location? I found a couple old threads discussing master/slave dimming but all the links seem to be broken.

kwired

Electron manager
My internet search skills are letting me down today. Does anyone know of a residential 3-way dimmer that can give full-sale control from either switch location? I found a couple old threads discussing master/slave dimming but all the links seem to be broken.

It would have to be some kind of master/slave type devices. I have never used any of them so I can't help much. Try looking at Lutron's website.

svh19044

Lutron maestro or Lutron Abella. I almost exclusively use the maestro dimmers (Abella dimmmers have the same function, just in traditional toggle format). They are true multiple position dimmers, up to 10 locations I believe. As stated above, they use one master(has the led lights on it), and other locations are the slave/companion dimmers that don't have the led lights, but have all the same functions.

They have all kinds of different settings too, from countdown to adjustable fade time on lights.

Last edited:

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I agree the Lutron Maestro is the one. You get one master and up to 10 slaves if you have many 4 way switches. On a reg. 3 way setup one master and one slave is needed. Of course they will be decora style switches.

Status
Not open for further replies.