344.30 supporting T condulets

Isaiah

Occupation
Electrical Inspector
Does this section require a RMC Tee condulet fitting to be supported on ALL THREE SIDES within 3’ feet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isaiah

Occupation
Electrical Inspector
Does this section require a RMC Tee condulet fitting to be supported on ALL THREE SIDES within 3’ feet?

I’m surprised no one has addressed this yet.
It seems to me the answer is “yes” since each side of the fitting represents a separate conduit run.

Isaiah

Occupation
Electrical Inspector
You are correct.

Dave, field is saying if the T is the same size as the conduit on all three sides the 3’-5’ rule doesn’t apply. They saying only when a reducer is included that 344.30 applies.
Have you ever heard of this?

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
See if this exception applies:

314.23(E) Raceway-Supported Enclosure, Without Devices, Luminaires, or Lampholders. An enclosure that does not contain a device(s), other than splicing devices, or supports a luminaire(s), a lampholder, or other equipment and is supported by entering raceways shall not exceed 1650 cm3 (100 in.3) in size. It shall have threaded entries or identified hubs. It shall be supported by two or more conduits threaded wrenchtight into
the enclosure or hubs. Each conduit shall be secured within 900 mm (3 ft) of the enclosure, or within 450 mm (18 in.) of the enclosure if all conduit entries are on the same side.
Exception: The following wiring methods shall be permitted to support a conduit body of any size, including a conduit body constructed with only one conduit entry, provided that the trade size of the conduit body is not larger than the largest trade size of the conduit or tubing:
(1) Intermediate metal conduit, Type IMC
(2) Rigid metal conduit, Type RMC
(3) Rigid polyvinyl chloride conduit, Type PVC
(4) Reinforced thermosetting resin conduit, Type RTRC
(5) Electrical metallic tubing, Type EMT