392.20(D) clarification

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADub

Occupation
Estimator/Project Manager
Could anyone help me to understand what is being described in this article? Specifically the size 1/0-4/0 restrictions regarding a single layer. Does this not apply towards grouped circuits and feeders? Thanks in advance

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
Well there's a lot of stuff that gets written into the code that has no basis in any real world problems.

What is it that made you ask about this code section? In my whole state there's only about four places where cable tray is a thing and none of those get inspected.

ADub

Occupation
I
Well there's a lot of stuff that gets written into the code that has no basis in any real world problems.

What is it that made you ask about this code section? In my whole state there's only about four places where cable tray is a thing and none of those get inspected.
I guess I’m just confused on the specificity of the 1/0-4/0 restrictions on grouping single conductors and was looking for maybe a little clarity on the article. Is it permissible to group conductors of that size in other than a si glue layer if it is part of a branch circuit or feeder group?

ADub

Occupation
I

I guess I’m just confused on the specificity of the 1/0-4/0 restrictions on grouping single conductors and was looking for maybe a little clarity on the article. Is it permissible to group conductors of that size in other than a si glue layer if it is part of a branch circuit or feeder group?

*Single layer*

Status
Not open for further replies.