4' - T8 fixture conversion to LED?

Status
Not open for further replies.
none of the players (GE, Sylvania et all) have LED in tube form. There are however a number of companies trying to perfect the technology. Right now the problem is UL listing and cost. Keep in mind this is not necessarily a retrofit in its true sense in that you are completely removing the ballast from the equation. Is this for a commercial application?

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
There are tube avalable. I believe they are 120 replacement no Ballast.
I'll try to dig up the info.

stevebea

Are there any retrofit conversion kits on the market that allow you to convert 4', T8, 2 lamp fixtures to LEDs?

Thank you,
Bernard

About a year ago at a local hospital I do service work at wanted to try LEDs in a few 2 lamp troffers in a service corridor to seeif they were all the lighting rep claimed. All I did was disconnect the ballast and used line voltage at the sockets to power the LEDs. It was an exercise in futility..... I converted 4 troffers before management came around and they soon came to the decision they were not happy with lamp color or brightness and in short order the t8's were back in again and working.

Bernard1599

I think we got off track.

Let me restate my question, "Are there any retrofit conversion kits on the market that allow you to convert 4', T8, 2 lamp fixtures to LEDs?"

Thank you,
Bernard

DTLight

http://www.findleds.com/categories.asp?id=11&offset=0

These are ETL tested and listed. I'm a little skeptical because the LED tubes put out half the lumens of the fluorescent lamp they replace (although presumably they don't have losses associated with the fixtures relector.) The LED floodlights I purchased from LED lighting solutions and installed in recessed cans in my house are the same wattage as the compact fluorescent floodlights they replaced and they are about the same brightness. They do turn on at full brightness without any warm-up which is a big selling point to me.

http://etlwhidirectory.etlsemko.com/WebClients/ITS/DLP/products.nsf/4c8700f3b75987a08525777700583333/205a395d222fd2cf85257694006d3209?OpenDocument

Status
Not open for further replies.