4 Way Cassette HVAC line feed issue

Dougaphs

Occupation
Residential Designer and Draftsman
4 Way Cassette HVAC - what is the voltage requirement at condenser and at the cassette? The manual is not very helpful

Dougaphs

Occupation
No one can answer this without seeing the manufacturer equipment
Thanks John...LG, model

LG LMU24CHV

I am trying to prepare the electrical plan. Owner doesn't have the unit yet. This would be a 2 Ton unit - 3 Zone. I know the condenser would be 220v but the inside cassette units - 220v or 110v?

Last edited:

Johnhall30

Occupation
Engineer
I believe that is the product number for the outdoor condensing unit. But I suspect the indoor cassette unit will require 220v, and draw less than one amp.

Dougaphs

Occupation
I believe that is the product number for the outdoor condensing unit. But I suspect the indoor cassette unit will require 220v, and draw less than one amp.
Thank you John..most helpful...I'll provide disconnect at condenser location

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
According to the notes on the data sheet.it calls for a #14 communication line with the MCA on the main unit of 14.3

Last edited:

Dougaphs

Occupation
Thanks...luckily I do not have to indicate wire size but trying to make electrical symbol for my plan and electrical legend, similar to what I usually do like the attached. One is with mini split condenser on left and the other is air handler in the attic. In this case, I was just wanting to make a symbol for 4-way cassette in ceiling application.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter 5746.jpg
    ScreenHunter 5746.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 7