400 Amps Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtn_elec

For my commercial colleagues, what is an average price for a 400 amps service 120/240v , 3" emt 15' to meter 3-#400MCM, panel w/ 40 circuits with 400 main (indoor), 1/0 cu ground to water meter 15' away? Please say where you are located. Thanks

tx2step

Re: 400 Amps Service

#400 is only rated for 335 amps.

A 400 A service is normally installed using at least #500 Cu, and sometimes #600 Cu.

What is the load calculation for this service?

mtn_elec

This info is from a drawing they gave me to estimate the job, I haven't done the load calculation my self yet, but definitly I will. Now concerning to the services wire aren't we allow to use table 310.15 B 6?

tx2step

Table 310.15(B)(6) applies only to services and feeders for Dwelling units.

You said that this was for a commercial application, so it wouldn't apply.

For commercial applications you have to use Table 310.16. For #1 and larger wire, you will usually use the 75 degree column, per 110.14(C)(1)(b)

highkvoltage

mtn. there are to many variables we need to assist you.
1) Overhead or underground.
2) Length of service from x-mer.
3) What type of loadcenter (Square D, Siemens, Ect,)
Give us some details and I am sure we would be able to help.

mtn_elec

Well this is my first bid for a commercial place so any input is really well appreciated.
Now if it is overhead, do you still need distance to transf? SQ D would be good. Thanks

Jhr

mtn_elec if the print is wrong bring it to the attention of the GC or architect that gave you the print and then request an addendum according to your calculations and findings, I had a print for a bakery, where the power print showed some equipment was three phase but the panel schedule showed the same equipment was to be single phase, which would have created a breaker space problem with three phase. Its a + or - game which could effect your price after the contract is signed.

mtn_elec

Thanks JHR tomorrow I will be done with the load calc and Monday will talk with the GC. This is a restaurant and I got to be sure if there is any needs for 3 phase.

Jhr

As far as a price, post a detailed takeoff, quoted and non quoted material, labor rate tax rate etc. and maybe we could help. We are out of Dallas, Tx.

[ July 24, 2005, 12:02 AM: Message edited by: Jhr ]

Status
Not open for further replies.