480 volt maintenance of Temp Hospital

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel Stack

Occupation
Electrical contractor
I installed temporary feeder cables from a temporary ATS Switch from a temporary generator with ups to the existing building 480v system. Now the hospital is going to open and they want 1 man to maintain. Being its 480 thought it should be 2 but cant find anything stating it. Any help would be great

jusme123

Occupation
JW
OSHA standards forbid live work on 480v by one person. With all that’s going on with the corona virus, an additional electrician at a temp hospital shouldn’t even be an argument, JMHO

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
IIRC, the actual rule is there has to be someone relatively close by who has been trained in CPR, not that there has to be two electricians. Should not be an issue in a hospital setting.

paulengr

I dont see the second person required part, not that I doubt you , and its a great policy, but it would be handy to have the CFR on that.
I looked here:

No CFR for second person.

NFPA 70E requires CPR training and mentions the need for someone trained within so many minutes or that all electricians must be trained. Never quite gets to the obvious of requiring two people. But self administration of CPR is very difficult and even more so if you are unconscious.

Status
Not open for further replies.