50-20 Quad Breaker like you never seen

Status
Not open for further replies.

acrwc10

Master Code Professional
Occupation
Building inspector
This is the way it came from the factory. I have had this for about 10 years or more.

PDRM0003.jpg

Any one see a problem?

ibew441dc

Good thing you were smart enough not to install it, but I bet there is somebody out there that would.

ibew441dc

acrwc10

Master Code Professional
Occupation
Building inspector
If there was someone stupid enough to build it , inspect it , then ship it. Ya, I'll bet someone would have installed it. The scary thought is I got a case of them when I ordered breakers, do you think I got the only case?

ibew441dc

ibew441dc said:
Good thing you were smart enough not to install it, but I bet there is somebody out there that would.

ibew441dc

Actually I do not see any problem, no code violation anyway. Although it looks strange at first , my mind has just pictured a scenerio in which this may be useful.

ibew441dc

acrwc10

Master Code Professional
Occupation
Building inspector
ibew441dc said:
Actually I do not see any problem, no code violation anyway. Although it looks strange at first , my mind has just pictured a scenerio in which this may be useful.

ibew441dc

Now I am worried.

ibew441dc

Worried about what? Does this breaker pose a shock or fire hazard? Although it does look strange , whats the problem with it?

ibew441dc

acrwc10

Master Code Professional
Occupation
Building inspector
ibew441dc said:
Worried about what? Does this breaker pose a shock or fire hazard? Although it does look strange , whats the problem with it?

ibew441dc

Sitting on the bench it is no shock hazard. I know what you are saying though, I just can't think of a single pole 50 amp load. :rolleyes:

ibew441dc

Of course you wouldn't have a legal line to line circuit, but you could have two seperate circuits (line to neutral).

ibew441dc

mdshunk

Pierre C Belarge said:
It looks to me as though this may be a factory defect, which is why Mshunk is looking to purchase this item.
Yes. I can display it next to my Scott Electric counterfeit Square D breakers.

kbsparky

mdshunk said:
Yes. I can display it next to my Scott Electric counterfeit Square D breakers.
Did you buymany of those? I remember seeing the publicity of that fiasco, but I don't believe I had occasion to buy any of `em... :confused:

acrwc10

Master Code Professional
Occupation
Building inspector
kbsparky said:
Did you buymany of those? I remember seeing the publicity of that fiasco, but I don't believe I had occasion to buy any of `em... :confused:

Any idea of how many got out? I never heard I just looked at it and said WTF and then laughed. They are Westinghouse breakers.I have given afew to friends that are in the bussiness, one used to work for Westinghouse as a salesman the other is a someone who knows the novelty of value of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.