517.17(C)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan_618

517.17(C)

(B) Selectivity. Ground-fault protection for operation of the service and feeder disconnecting means shall be fully selective such that the feeder device and not the service device shall open on ground faults on the load side of the feeder device. A six-cycle minimum separation between the service and feeder ground-fault tripping bands shall be provided. Operating time of the disconnecting devices shall be considered in selecting the time spread between these two bands to achieve 100 percent selectivity.

Eliminate the following fine print note:

FPN:See 230.95, fine print note, for transfer of alternate source where ground-fault protection is applied.

Substantiation: 230.95 FPN no longer exists.
---------------------------------

Is this something that should be proposed or should it be addressed through errat/TIA?

[ October 27, 2004, 07:43 PM: Message edited by: ryan_618 ]

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Re: 517.17(C)

Ryan, this would have to be a correction in the TIA's and Eratta.

How was the reference to NFPA 7.6 corrected in 517.32(C)(1)FPN to the correct reference of 9.6 on the 05 NEC, I don't rmember seeing it in an ROP but maybe I just missed it.

Roger

jimwalker

Am i the only one thinking that i need to get a lawyers degree to be able to remain as an electrician????
Are there any others here that would maybe use a qick hit the test button to turn of a down stream recptacle ?

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician

Jim, this has nothing to do with a GFCI.

Roger

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician

Ryan, this is my point, it was not a change but a correction. Read 517.32(C)(1) FPN in the 99 and notice the reference to NFPA101-2000, Life Safety Code, 7.6 this was a typo and was actually 9.6

The reference in the 05 is NFPA101-2003, Life Safety Code, 9.6

Even though the reference in the 05 is quoting the 03 Life Safety Code it is the same as the 00.

This is not shown as a change in the 05 NEC it's just there.

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.