6 lamp highbays

Status
Not open for further replies.

sd4524

What is the standard ballast setup for a 6 lamp 4 ft t8 highbay. I looked at a store today with a bunch of lights out but didn't drag out the 12 footer to check the setup. The fixtures are about 2 years old according to store manager. Would it have a 4 lamp ballast and a 2 lamp ballast? 2- 3 lamp ballast? Or 3- 2 lamp ballast?
Is there a standard? It is a retail store. Just looking for what most of you have experienced.

sii

What is the standard ballast setup for a 6 lamp 4 ft t8 highbay. I looked at a store today with a bunch of lights out but didn't drag out the 12 footer to check the setup. The fixtures are about 2 years old according to store manager. Would it have a 4 lamp ballast and a 2 lamp ballast? 2- 3 lamp ballast? Or 3- 2 lamp ballast?
Is there a standard? It is a retail store. Just looking for what most of you have experienced.

Most that I have seen are 4/2.

Barndog

We did 700 in our plant a year or so ago all 4/2. Also have seen 3/3 thats the way we did it when we did our own with kits.

stevebea

4/2 is what I usually see but I also have seen both 4/2 and 3/3 off the same skid from the manufacturer so I think it can be subject to what they have on hand.

Electric-Light

GE now makes 6 lamp 95%+ efficiency 1.18 BF ballast for this application. This is the best option if they will only be used at full output.

4 and 2 are the most common mass produced ballasts. which explains 4/2 setup before 6 lamp ballasts came out and provides for 1/3-2/3-full three step dimming capability with switches if desired.

3-3 will give 1/2-full two step dimming.

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
The big box stores usually use a 3-2, they do a 50/50 split with the energy management system, can be feed from two different panels on top of that. But since you are able to get to them off a 12' ladder, it's probably not a big box your working on.

spark master

What's the typical wattage of a 6 lamp high bay? How is the lumen output over time ?
We just repaired some 400w metal halids, and the light output was terrible with old lamps. These were 465watts with the ballast.

Shoe

What's the typical wattage of a 6 lamp high bay? How is the lumen output over time ?
We just repaired some 400w metal halids, and the light output was terrible with old lamps. These were 465watts with the ballast.

Using a typical ballast factor of 1.15-1.20, they are around 230 watts.

Status
Not open for further replies.