600 amp residential CT box and shutoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

nulafed

Occupation
structral eng. service
I'm sure this has been asked many times in the past. But I have to POCO going to install a 600 amp CT box single phase. Being that all of my boxes for that location will be over 5' from the (3) 200 amp panels (2 for the house and 1 for the garage). I am trying to purchase the equipment but not sure about the shutoffs. I can simply see purchasing three 200 amp shutoffs is cheaper, but far more ugly. That said, there are options showing a 3 pole and 2 pole. These of course need to be fused. Can someone suggest a shutoff or explain the difference in the two?
Last question is grounding and bonding. This is a bit different than a standard 200 amp panel I've done before, I'm unsure about the grounding requirements for a CT panel and grounding wire sizes, etc. Can someone suggest or provide a typical riser diagram for this setup. I'd love to be able to set this up and not have a mess for the inspection.

Thank you.

What code are you under? Note your length restriction before the service disconnect only starts once you enter the building. If there is a detached structure, I would use 230.40 ex #3 for that.

I am guessing just a 200 amp circuit breaker in an enclosure will be the most cost-effective if you need an outside disconnect.

nulafed

Occupation
structral eng. service
Thank you for the reply. The code year is 2018. All exterior equipment will be mounted on a 6’ section and 8’ high wall. The garage is considered attached as it’s via a breezeway. The run to the garage is 100’ to the garage and panel behind enter point. House will run 10’ to penetration the 4’ and 6.5’ to each panel. Ground rods for existing cannot be located this we will utilize all new grounding. Also missing water and gas grounding, which will be updated.

Thank you all in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.