600 amp transocket wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

GG

Do transockets work with the line landed on the top or bottom or do they make a seperate socket for overhead and underground services? The reason I ask is that the 600 amp transocket I have says LINE on the top and LOAD on the bottom. The service guidelines book I have from another POCO says that a 600 amp transocket should have the conductors from an underground service landed on the bottom and that for an overhead service the conductors must land on the top. So Im thinking the transocket will work with the service condutors landed either at the top or bottom or they wire it differently for top or bottom feed?
I can call the POCO Monday but would like to find out today.

david

I have seen utility specs say feed from top or feed from bottom. But I never seen one that said to land an underground lateral to the load side of the meter.
I would think they just do not want a lateral feed through the top of the encosure

meterbox

Transockets are a unique animal. Each utility will have different requirements about its construction and wiring. Your question can't really be answered without knowing where the line side of the CTs are. Most common is line side "down" for bottom feed & line side "up" for overhead feed. Each utility is different so ask to be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.