600ft voltage drop

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
Go to your local utility, ours sells it at about a 1/4 of the price, and usually have 1000’ spools to cut from. It’s not listed for inside use, but you can convert over before you go into the house. You would have too anyway to fit under a 50 amp breaker.

curt swartz

Electrical Contractor - San Jose, CA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Go to your local utility, ours sells it at about a 1/4 of the price, and usually have 1000’ spools to cut from. It’s not listed for inside use, but you can convert over before you go into the house. You would have too anyway to fit under a 50 amp breaker.
Is it listed at all for NEC applications? Most utility wire is not. I would also think they would not be stocking/selling one that has an EGC.

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
Is it listed at all for NEC applications? Most utility wire is not. I would also think they would not be stocking/selling one that has an EGC.
You can use it outdoors, just not for inside wiring. I think it has to do with burn characteristics. No, they wouldn’t have one with an EGC, but you can add one, or get what they use for three phase (quadraplex)