680.21(a)(1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravenvalor

Hello,

Article 680.21(A)(1) states that branch circuits feeding pool associated motors shall be in various types of conduit.
Does this requirement also include feeders from service panel to pool panel at concrete pad?

In other words, do I need to put feeder in conduit if it is outside and feeding a panel that is mounted on a pole and feeding pool equipment?

My inspector is requiring me to do this however the code reference cannot be found by me.

Thank you for the great advice,

jumper

I think 680.25(A) might be the correct reference

(A) Wiring Methods. Feeders shall be installed in rigid
metal conduit, intermediate metal conduit, liquidtight flexible
nonmetallic conduit, rigid polyvinyl chloride conduit,
or reinforced thermosetting resin conduit. Electrical metallic
tubing shall be permitted where installed on or within a
building, and electrical nonmetallic tubing shall be permitted
where installed within a building. Aluminum conduits
shall not be permitted in the pool area where subject to
corrosion.

Ravenvalor

I think 680.25(A) might be the correct reference

(A) Wiring Methods. Feeders shall be installed in rigid
metal conduit, intermediate metal conduit, liquidtight flexible
nonmetallic conduit, rigid polyvinyl chloride conduit,
or reinforced thermosetting resin conduit. Electrical metallic
tubing shall be permitted where installed on or within a
building, and electrical nonmetallic tubing shall be permitted
where installed within a building. Aluminum conduits
shall not be permitted in the pool area where subject to
corrosion.

Yes sir this is it, thanks for the help.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Take a look here.

680.25 Feeders.
These provisions shall apply to any feeder on the supply side of panelboards supplying branch circuits for pool equipment covered in Part II of this article and on the load side of the service equipment or the source of a separately derived system.
(A) Wiring Methods. Feeders shall be installed in rigid metal conduit, intermediate metal conduit, liquidtight flexible nonmetallic conduit, rigid polyvinyl chloride conduit, or reinforced thermosetting resin conduit. Electrical metallic tubing shall be permitted where installed on or within a building, and electrical nonmetallic tubing shall be permitted where installed within a building. Aluminum conduits shall not be permitted in the pool area where subject to corrosion.
Exception: An existing feeder between an existing remote panelboard and service equipment shall be permitted to run in flexible metal conduit or an approved cable assembly that includes an equipment grounding conductor within its outer sheath. The equipment grounding conductor shall comply with 250.24(A)(5).

Status
Not open for further replies.