680.21 Motors

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickboy1375

This code has bugged me for years, Why is it that I have to keep a cord on a pool-associated motor limited to 3' in length? I still can't install the receptacle less than 5' from the pool edge... do they think someone is going to pick the thing up and throw it into the pool? I just wanted some opinions on this...

stickboy1375

well for one, when you show up to wire the pool, (usually an above ground pool for me) the installers left the pump too close to the pool so when I install my outlet 5' away from the pool the cord isn't long enough to reach the receptacle. but maybe that just happens to me :)

wireman3736

Pierre C Belarge said:
What is the big stink?

I guess the big stink I have is above ground pools come with a cord that has a regular grounding attachment cap on it, It's not long enough to reach a receptacle 10' away, now to bring a receptacle 5' away you have to cut it off and put a locking cap on it. Possibly this is voiding the listing on the pump, I know this has been discussed many times on this site.
I guess this has nothing to do with a 3' cord but more with the cords that come on most above ground pool pumps.

celtic

stickboy1375 said:
I just wanna know the reasoning behind the 3' length....
I'm really streching here(no pun)....take a look at this image....what do you think?

touch.gif

Mike has a .pdf on pool's...have you seen it?
http://www.mikeholt.com/files/PDF/Pooldownload.pdf

stickboy1375

I dont know, i'm pretty sure the cord length used to be 4' in length.... then they changed it to 3', I don't know about you but I do alot of pools in the summer, and that 3' rule gets me every time...

Status
Not open for further replies.