680.25 Feeder to spa disconnect

Status
Not open for further replies.

blkmagik21

Put the gfci in the panel and just use a 60amp disco like for an ac unit. That eliminates your issues of it being a panelboard. Or put a 4/8 3r panel by the tub for the gfci breaker to go into. Whichever way you want to go. Problem solved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I am reading that the op wants to run uf to t5he spa disconnect. This, IMO is a violation...look at 680.11

680.11 Underground Wiring Location. Underground wiring
shall be permitted where installed in rigid metal conduit, intermediate
metal conduit, rigid polyvinyl chloride conduit, reinforced
thermosetting resin conduit, or Type MC cable, suitable
for the conditions subject to that location. Underground wiring
shall not be permitted under the pool unless this wiring is
necessary to supply pool equipment permitted by this article.
Minimum cover depths shall be as given in Table 300.5 .

blkmagik21

If he uses a sub panel then he can run If to feed it. But from the sub panel to the tub needs to be conduit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

david

I am reading that the op wants to run uf to t5he spa disconnect. This, IMO is a violation...look at 680.11

that section used to be for wiring not associated with the pool, i wasn't aware of the change what code cycle is that from

The section now also removes the requirement that UG wiring not associated with the pool be kept 5 ft from the pool

The way it is written now any UG in article 680 no mater how far from the pool must comply with 680.11

Last edited:

david

2017 NEC Any chapter three wiring method depending on site conditions, 2017 UF cable could be approved

The change to section 680.11 in 2017 the Dennis pointed out would make UF prohibited for the under ground portion of the feeder or branch circuit in the 2017 code. That makes the statement that i said regarding UF cable in-correct

Status
Not open for further replies.