80kw kohler gen for 400 amp residential service

T DeNault

Occupation
Electrician
Customer a proper and preparing for end of world. .
She has a 80 kw 120/240 volt Diesel generator. I personally on my own have never worked with one this large but premise seems the same as a normal 32kw I have installed.
only weird part is the does not want this automatic she wants it manual so she can turn gen off and on to conserve fuel for end times. She did not buy a transfer switch. I got a call into the supplier but its the holidays. I would think Kohler has a specific transfer( or couple) that will allow her to manual turn in on and send a signal to her unit to turn on.

I going to have to size the conductors for the breaker on the unit so that pain. but o well. my main question is on the Manual aspect. Going to dive around kohler sight and look around here the gen
Unbelievable, why? It has a on off switch on generator. You just need a manual 3 position transfer switch. Also large trough and burst bugs. You can’t charge enough for these jobs sometimes.

AC\DC

Occupation
EC
Mine was 26k and the concrete guys was 47k, don’t think it’s taking off the ground. told her to sell it and get the proper one.

Last edited: