a "roundhouse"ran to three gfci outlets=tripping

Status
Not open for further replies.

zappy

yes i meant a 12-4 mc cable.we were doing a commerical building.

yes i meant a 12-4 mc cable.we were doing a commerical building.

thanks you to for your help.im pretty sure we stabbed everything on the line side of the gfci outlet.so from what you guys are saying its ok to use this method.so no imbalance might be causing this some how?

electricmanscott

stickboy1375 said:
The last time I saw a "roundhouse" was with Patrick Swayze in the movie Road House... :grin:
Well here is another one.

060511_roundhouse.jpg

Last edited:

JohnJ0906

zappy said:
thanks you to for your help.im pretty sure we stabbed everything on the line side of the gfci outlet.so from what you guys are saying its ok to use this method.so no imbalance might be causing this some how?

I hope you pigtailed the neutrals at each outlet. (Or some other method to comply with 300.13(B))

Exactly what load caused the GFCIs to trip? And did you try to move the loads around from outlet to outlet?

billsnuff

roundhouse

roundhouse

In rail terminology, a turntable is a device used to turn railroad rolling stock. When steam locomotives were still in wide use, many railroads needed a way to turn the locomotives around for return trips as their controls were often not configured for extended periods of running in reverse and in many locomotives the top speed was lower in reverse motion. Turntables were also used to turn observation cars so that their windowed lounge ends faced toward the rear of the train.

Even these guys had to keep load and line straight :grin:

quogueelectric

Full Boat is what we call it on Long Island

Full Boat is what we call it on Long Island

3 hots a neutral and a ground. There is always 12-2-2 for the resi guys so they dont feel left out.

Status
Not open for further replies.