A-tapered masonry bits

Status
Not open for further replies.

realolman

Anyone know where I can get masonry bits with a tapered shank for an old Milwaukee hammer drill... the thing works fine and I have been using it with a chuck , but now the chuck broke.

I have googled it and been to several stores.... nuthin'

thanks

ultramegabob

first step would be to contact Milwaukee and find out if they are still made, they can give you part numbers and who to buy them from.

realolman

Hey! that's it!

I googled that thing to death and couldn't find anything.

What keywords did you use? What search engine?

mdshunk

I had a bunch of B-taper bits leftover from an old hammer drill, so I bought a spline drive-to-B taper adaptor to use them in the new equipment. What a monstrosity that was to look at. A pretty long drill, with a long adaptor, plus a bit sticking out. I'm mildly surprised to learn that an A-taper drill is still in service. It must not have had a very hard life.

realolman

It didn't... it's kind of a mid range size. too big if you can use a battery operated drill, and too small for other things... but it is a very good drill... has an attatchment that you can use a chisel like a mini-jack hammer.

It's over 30 yrs old and still works fine. I have been using a chuck and straight bits in it for years, but now the chuck broke.

You know, I complain about planned obsolescence, but I have this drill, and a garden tractor that is almost 40 years old (still works great I couldn't afford to replace it with similar quality )... and probably other stuff, if I thought about it.

I can see that it might be a problem if you manufactured stuff that lasted forever.:smile:

realolman

In case anyone's interested, I found them at McMaster Carr.

Why am I not surprised? :rolleyes:

I shoulda thought of them right off the bat.

electricman2

Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
realolman said:
In case anyone's interested, I found them at McMaster Carr.

Why am I not surprised? :rolleyes:

I shoulda thought of them right off the bat.

Right, that place has about everything. Much of it is cheaper than Grainger and many times they can ship to me from Atlanta for less than I can drive the 25 miles to the nearest Grainger.

Status
Not open for further replies.