about bonding confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

zyhml

after read some article in here, i am confused about bonding. If i have a 3 seperated building, two are production building, one is utility building including substation. for individual building we use Ufer grounding system, in utility building we add some grounding rod connecting to Ufer system as addundem to achieve proper grounding impedance, my question is when we run PE wire into the other two buildings, do i need bonding it to each Ufer system respectly? all equipment and metallic parts in these builds would bonding to PE bar or Ufer system in each building? Thanks!

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
In addition to the minimum requirements of the NEC, you likely have additional grounding requirements in the plans from the engineer. Be sure to follow them, to cover your assets. :)

zyhml

bphgravity said:
Review part II of Article 225 and section 250.32 of the NEC.
i regret i have no information about part II of Article 225 and section 250.32 of the NEC. so would u explain it a little bit detailed. thanks all reply.

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
Its much more involved than can be explained in the forum.
A recommendation is to purchase Mike Holts Grounding Vs Bonding material, DVD is nice, which includes a great text.
Its $150 or so, well worth the cost, especially if you don't have a copy of the most basic of all NEC materials, the NEC.
Start with Mike Holts material and then go the NEC.
Then after you review the material come back and ask for clarification.

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
zyhml said:
i regret i have no information about part II of Article 225 and section 250.32 of the NEC. so would u explain it a little bit detailed. thanks all reply.
Please do not take offense to this, but your posts are confusing.

It seems pretty evident to me from the nature of your original question, you're somehow involved in a relevant way in the industry, so let me welcome you to the forum. :)

• Do you own a copy of the 2005 NEC?
  • What exactly are you doing?

zyhml

i really do not have any copy of NEC code. I know what have to do in compliance with local code, i just want to know what will happen in NEC code. if something will be different or not?

zyhml

:) i'm from china. so another question i don't know how to purchase some code or reference by RMB from china.

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
Thank you for your honest response. :)
zyhml said:
i really do not have any copy of NEC code.
In this forum, the discussions are thick with code references. If you don't have a code book, I honestly don't understand how you can follow along?

How will you know if we lie to you, if you can't verify this independently with your own copy of the NEC?

Please, indulge us with details as to what led you here, where you are, and what you do (your job); then I think we'll all feel more comfortable in discussing this with you.

zyhml

i eventually found a nec 2005 copy from our senior electrical engineer, so i appreciate no guys could lie me :). i noticed 250.184 stated for single point grounded system a equipment bonding conductor shall be provided to each building, structure and equipment enclosure. Does it mean i have to run a bonding conductor between buildings to bonding these building's LPS and equipments in these buildings. My english is real poor, is my meaning clear?

Status
Not open for further replies.