adding disconnect between sub panel and main panel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to move my main 200 amp panel in my house. There is a sub panel installed in the shop which is 100 ft away.

The sub panel is a 100 amp service fed with 2 gauge awg. The connection between the two is with 2 gauge aluminum. There is a ground running to shop and ground and neutral are isolated at shop and there is a grounding plate at shop sub panel. There is a 100 amp breaker at main panel and 100 amp breaker in shop.

When I move the main panel the wire wont reach any more. Can I put another disconnect in house between the shop sub panel and main panel so that I can lengthen the the run.

Putting a new cable run in would be extremely costly as there is a concrete patio and drive way to dig up to do that.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
I am closing this thread in accordance with forum rules. This forum is intended for use by electricians and electrical contractors, inspectors, engineers, and vendors with their job-related duties. We are not allowed to provide how-to advice to persons who are not employed in this industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.