Adjustable Mud Rings

Status
Not open for further replies.

1032cu

New User
Occupation
Electrical
Trying to find out more info on adjustable metallic mud rings. I know theres arc rated (AR) plastic rings for electrical outlets. Which I see being more helpful, not sharp, cheeper, and less worry on nicking wires when people pull them out of the outlet for terminating, troubleshooting the device, or replacing. Along with not having to tape around the device due to being plastic. Then there is these adjustable metallic mud rings that can be adjusted up to certain depths. Which can be changed to the depth you need on your wall at the time or later down the road. Helpful I get it, but all metal, tight fit specially when you add tape around your device. All reality both are adjustable, one might just need longer 6-32 screws.

But what I really want to know. Are adjustable metallic mud rings exempt against arc fault protection on wood or washable wall panels or just rated for AR.

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
I am closing this thread, in accordance with the Forum’s rules.

This site is designed for:

Contractors
Electricians
Engineers
Inspectors
Instructors
Other electrically related individuals
This NEC Forum is for those in the electrical and related industries.

This Forum is intended to assist professional electricians, inspectors, engineers, and other members of the electrical industry in the performance of their job-related tasks. If I have misjudged the situation, if for example, this project is related to your work, then send me a Private Message. If you can show me that I am wrong then I will reopen your post, and offer an apology for the delay and inconvenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.