Afci breakers tripping

Halsam

Occupation
Electrician
Would anyone have an explanation why about 50 homes in neighboring subdivisions have AFCI breakers tripping around the same time frame? Homes are around 7 years old, assuming multiple electricians & builders, no storms around the time. All services in the area that I have seen are Square D, some QO & some Homeline.

Halsam

Occupation
Electrician
I don't know of any. There is a group of radio towers within 15 miles as a crow flies that have messed with ceiling fan receivers in the past.

synchro

Occupation
EE
Would anyone have an explanation why about 50 homes in neighboring subdivisions have AFCI breakers tripping around the same time frame? Homes are around 7 years old, assuming multiple electricians & builders, no storms around the time. All services in the area that I have seen are Square D, some QO & some Homeline.

Are these overhead or underground services, or some of each type?

AC\DC

Occupation
EC
I bet it’s the cell towers, or like dog said ham radio.
There a subdivision near a police station and they mess with fan controllers and the older afci.

ddbear

Occupation
Designer
Because AFCI breakers are a scam. I'm looking forward to the day when NEC realizes they were duped by manufacturers looking for profits and drops the requirement for these "cry wolf" devices.

letgomywago

Occupation
residential electrician
Because AFCI breakers are a scam. I'm looking forward to the day when NEC realizes they were duped by manufacturers looking for profits and drops the requirement for these "cry wolf" devices.
Unfortunately that'll be the same day that nothing causes cancer in California and people can no longer do frivolous law suits. The horrific damage is done

4x4dually

Occupation
Electrical Engineer/ Ex-Electrician
Amen, Brother...(or sister, I really don't know by username) Preach.