Votes: 15 24.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bjp_ne_elec

electricmanscott said:
24. A license a van and not a clue!!!

Scott - how long have you been in business?

I was a journeyman for 12 years - started when I was 20. Got out of the trade when I got Engineering degree. Got back in two years ago when I was 50.

roger3829

I was 27 when I decided to drag my grandfather out of retirement full time. He offically retired in 1979, but never really stopped working. We had been doing "side jobs" together since then. So in 1989 I decided to do it full time.

Lots of interesting times working with family, working with someone who is 50 years older than you and who grew up in the depression. They saved EVERTHING!!!.

Glad I did it.:)

16. Yes, sixteen for a contractors license. (1977)

I went to one year of vocational school in the Oklahoma City area, went down to the Town of Tuttle (population then @ 1500), gave them $25 and a $500 bond and I was a licensed electrical contractor. When Oklahoma instituted a state contractors license, I was grandfathered in. (By the way, around 1978, I took a test for my Oklahoma City journeyman's license, and aced it)

California wasn't quite as easy to get a contractors license.

Rewire

4 years in the military four years as an apprentice and four years as a journeyman and 10 years in the IBEW,at 40 I felt I had gained enough knoweledge to do electrical contracting

electricmanscott

bjp_ne_elec said:
Scott - how long have you been in business?

I was a journeyman for 12 years - started when I was 20. Got out of the trade when I got Engineering degree. Got back in two years ago when I was 50.

14 Years. Seems like forever. :D

Started before I was married, had kids, a mortgage and all that stuff. My wife to be (at the time) actually bough my first van for me. I'm still paying her back!! :D

Started working alone...still working alone. That's the way I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.