ALL NEC (140?F)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fmtjfw

Section/Paragraph: ALL NEC (140?F)

Revised Text

60?C (140?F)

Substantiation:

NEC_StyleManual.pdf 3.2.7.2 Dual System of Units. The SI units shall appear first, and the inch-pound units shall immediately follow in parenthesis. In tables the SI and inch-pound units shall appear in separate columns.

The majority of entries in the NEC are "60?C (140?F)", but there are a few "60?C 140?F". This would fix the problem and conform with 3.2.7.2 by adding "()" around "140?F".

inserted deleted

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
Section/Paragraph: ALL NEC (140?F)

Revised Text

60?C (140?F)

Substantiation:

NEC_StyleManual.pdf 3.2.7.2 Dual System of Units. The SI units shall appear first, and the inch-pound units shall immediately follow in parenthesis. In tables the SI and inch-pound units shall appear in separate columns.

The majority of entries in the NEC are "60?C (140?F)", but there are a few "60?C 140?F". This would fix the problem and conform with 3.2.7.2 by adding "()" around "140?F".

inserted deleted
I would expect that the vast majority of the code users were prefer that the SI units just go away. The move to use them and put them first is nothing more than marketing by the NFPA to make it easier to sell their standards in other parts of the world. It does nothing to make the code easier to use for us.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
I would expect that the vast majority of the code users were prefer that the SI units just go away. The move to use them and put them first is nothing more than marketing by the NFPA to make it easier to sell their standards in other parts of the world. It does nothing to make the code easier to use for us.

Thank you Don. :thumbsup:

I have been saying that for years with great annoyance at the fact that the US units are listed second.
clap.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.