Allen Bradley Powerflex 4 not responding to Start/Stop Button (no fault)

hotdoe

Occupation
Technician
Hi everyone,(newbie here) i need your advice as I cannot pin point the problem. We have a console running to combination of 2 power flex 4 (system with start/stop button and potentiometer) and one console, combination of powerflex 4 and 4m (for bull riding game) here.

And what puzzles me out, all of a sudden our consoles are having the same problem at the same time. It is working before and suddenly not responding at all. I’ve been working with these consoles for two weeks now and unfortunately I didn’t get any solution. Please help, TIA!

hotdoe

Occupation
Technician
Are all jumpers in place? No estop involved. Have you cleared the parameters and started over? Cycled power?
yes, jumpers are properly in place. Although am thinking about the program:
P036 - 1 ; P037 - 0 ; P038 - 5 maybe this cause the system to be in safe mode (something about e-stop). tried also to use the keypad command but it aint working. Will try to put photo for your reference -
Photo Reference

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
Pictures of the terminal strip aren't especially helpful. A picture of the schematic showing the control wiring might be.

It's not clear to me if you are referring to the start stop pbs on the built in keypad or some wired to the VFD inputs.

Usually the best bet for this kind of problem is to set the drive to its default condition and then go thru a standard setup procedure. But, for someone with no experience using these drives I know that is a lot harder than it sounds. But if you read the instructions carefully and follow them you should be able to get it working again.

hotdoe

Occupation
Technician
Pictures of the terminal strip aren't especially helpful. A picture of the schematic showing the control wiring might be.

It's not clear to me if you are referring to the start stop pbs on the built in keypad or some wired to the VFD inputs.

Usually the best bet for this kind of problem is to set the drive to its default condition and then go thru a standard setup procedure. But, for someone with no experience using these drives I know that is a lot harder than it sounds. But if you read the instructions carefully and follow them you should be able to get it working again.
hi, i will read again the manual and try to set the vfd to its default. thank you

hotdoe

Occupation
Technician
On the plus side, these are relatively simple drives. Still need to RTFM and know what your schematic is all about.
this is the setup of the console im working

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-05-25 at 15.21.32.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-05-25 at 15.21.32.jpeg
    137.5 KB · Views: 11

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
DO NOT reset to the factory defaults until you first scan through and record ALL of the settings! If you are not familiar with this system and don’t have a schematic, resetting everything to defaults will MESS YOU UP!

If there is an E-Stop or Safety Relay involved, it is likely wired between terminals 1 and 11. If not, then there needs to be a jumper between them. If that circuit is Open for any reason, nothing else will work. I would start there before messing with programming on something that WAS working and is no longer doing so.

hotdoe

Occupation
Technician
Hi @everyone, Thank you so much for all your input. :)) 👨‍🔧 Just an update, the console is now working; the problem is that the circuit is open, which is why nothing works. (good thing I didn't reset the inverters) I removed everything and put it back properly, and then surprisingly it worked.