Amazon WI FI Plug

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
Compared to the Leviton I tried, the amazon smart plug is way easier to set up and as soon as its set up, Alexia, turn on first plug.
But I am going to use Z Wave as it will work with the internet off.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
I’m using the HomeKit version of the Legrand “smart plug-in switch” at my house; it works locally without internet as it connects to a HomeKit hub. The Legrand app allows you to set it up with Alexa & Google Home.

I use them for some air purifiers around the house, and my Christmas tree and outdoor Christmas lights. I have some of the dimmable versions connected to lamps.

They make another version of the same thing that connects to WiFi and is not HomeKit enabled, but works with Alexa & Google Home.

This one will not work without internet. It uses the Legrand iOT cloud service; when originally introduced it used the Samsung artik cloud service that was shut down last year. I added this to say to anyone that purchases one, you may have to do a firmware update out of the box to get it switched to the new service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stoverix

New User
Occupation
Manager
Amazon smart plug is so worth it. It lets you control your lights, fans, and many more electrical devices with your voice control.

Status
Not open for further replies.