And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
I see the indention in your(?) hand..
That could have been real bad..

480sparky

No indentation on my hand..... the lift was up as far as it would go due to a sprinkler pipe. But I saw this and thought it would be a great safety photo.

I keep my grubby little paws off the rails 'cuz I've seen guys get their hands crushed. I always stop before my noggin gets to the bottom of the trusses and take a 360° view to scout out any potential issues.

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
No indentation on my hand..... the lift was up as far as it would go due to a sprinkler pipe. But I saw this and thought it would be a great safety photo.

I keep my grubby little paws off the rails 'cuz I've seen guys get their hands crushed. I always stop before my noggin gets to the bottom of the trusses and take a 360° view to scout out any potential issues.
Must be an old scar..

I can’t believe it when guys drive them around the job up in the air.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I can’t believe it when guys drive them around the job up in the air.
The first time I went up on a 20' scissor lift, I was terrified. By the end of the second day, I had no trouble moving while lifted.

Bluegrass Boy

Occupation
Commercial/ Industrial/ Maintenance Electrician
I always scanned the area before raising the platform, or basket depending upon which type of lift. I would raise to the general area, and scan again before going higher.

I remember a job we did in a warehouse production area, adding disconnects and emt to buss duct, using a scissor lift.
They had a fresh painted epoxy floor. The lift would build up a static charge while rolling across the floor, and when you touched anything metal connected to the building, you got popped.

I could hear it from 20 + feet away, and cuss words flying, and an angry face on the guy it happened to. It happened several times before he figured it out. The further you drove, the bigger the charge seemed to be. He finally attached some solid # 10 we had to the lift and used it to discharge the static buildup before touching anything.
I don’t recall if the lift had the grounding straps dragging or not, but it did have the white non scuff mark wheels on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.