Andriod and iPhone Electrical Applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
After reading the thread about Electricalcalc pro I was wondering what electrical applications people are using with the smart phones and what they thought of them. I know this has come up before but in the ever changing world of apps new stuff is hitting the marketplace every day. Right now I rarely use any but am interested in getting some if people's opinions are favorable. One that I did install, but hated, was the NFPA NEC 2011 changes app. Nothing more than just a paraphrase of the changes and some slick ads for the NFPA.

Volta

I have Electrical Wiring Lite (free). It comes in handy for a quick calc or a cosecant. Even this free version does more than I've looked at yet.

Also has bends, ampacity, voltage drop, other stuff.

One difficulty I've had is setting fractions of inches for offsets, but if the display times out then the fractions reset to zero when the screen is revived. It's ok if you know . . . but you'll bend to the wrong depth if you don't :roll:

PetrosA

I don't have a smart phone at the moment but when I do get another one I'll be looking at apps available for Android, since there are ruggedized phones being made with that OS, unlike iPhones. I've gone through way too many phones for work over the past few years :(

Status
Not open for further replies.